June 2003

1st: Rabia was here last weekend, and then out a lot, so we had lots of poloo time. By far the most amazingly adorable Aden moment for me – mama was sitting holding him in the chair and a half, and I was sitting across the room. Aden seemed to be staring at me, although he had been fussy just a moment before. I walked towards the kitchen, and he started craning his head to watch me, so I came running back, and sat right near him. He started, smiled, then – TWICE – raised his arm and clenched fist towards me, as if reaching for me!! Which he hasn’t done before, with anyone! It’s just so amazing that we can have these amazingly beautiful babies that are related by blood to daddy

15th: Went to Columbus on Thursday. As soon as we went to his bouncer, Aden starts sending spectacular smiles our way. He now focuses on everyone around him, and keeps sticking out and rolling his tongue (because he’s teething.) Mama and I went nuts when we saw him, and I think eventually freaked him out too! We have to try to control ourselves next time. I took a whole bunch of pictures with him 😊

27th: I got my roll of Aden pics developed, and they are unbelievable! There are several pics of me and him, and he’s smiling so cute that it’s hard for us to even look at them. Several times, mama has been on the phone with Rabia and she hears Aden in the background and can’t stand how much she misses him, so has to hang up! He’s coming Monday and staying for a week 😊
I have a picture of Aden on my armoire in which he’s sitting on mama’s lap and seems to be chortling. It’s supremely distracting, and his toes look like plump little grapes. 


Comments